Saturday 11 December 2010

Blast from the Past

Every once in a while, we are reminded of certain things we used to do as children that may seem silly or amusing to us now. But I often marvel at that young boy many years ago for his innocence, purity and the sheer altruism of helping people. I'd thought I would share one of those memory that I was brought back to as I was staring out of the car window. 

As I was returning home from lunch today, I was staring blankly out of the car window and my gaze started to drift the the various number plates of the cars beside the vehicle I was in. As I was wondering what is with the number plates of the cars that caught my attention, I remembered that I had a habit of copying down the details of license plates of cars I saw. This habit was borne out of the intention of potentially assisting the police in an investigation should the need arises.

While the act was totally naive, the altruism of the intention, the sense of adventure as well as the keen conception of such an idea after noticing the license plates on cars reaffirm the sad fact that we live less and exist more as we mature.

Perhaps, that is why we often find ourselves insisting that children should have a proper and happy childhood and should not be forced to grow up ahead of their physical development.

No comments:

Post a Comment